Thursday, February 12, 2015

Reading .4


The most important word of the book I'm reading I think is "we". He always uses it, it has a strong meaning. The seals risk their lives each day, they know that, they're not scared by that, and one of the reasons is because they fight as a group. The author believes that the life is'not unlimited, it ends, but if there's a thing that can make your life being remembered that's how you live your life. He said already twice in the book: "we chose not to die as men, we chose to live forever as heroes". I think that this sentence is the most important and deepest I've read so far. The more I read the book, the more I understand what it deals with; the war is not the main topic, it's more like the background of the book, because the real theme is the life. I can tell that right now, after a couple hundred of pages, the book more than be a war story is a reflection about life. Reading this book I'm understanding what being American means, this sense of belonging to a nation, this sense of fighting for your nation is somewhat of totally new for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment