Thursday, February 5, 2015

Reading .3



The book I'm reading is written in 1st person, which one of the reasons why I like it so much. A book written in first person has a total addictive effect on me, because I feel that what I'm writing its directly told me by the author, like in a confession. The sentences are often complicated because the author spends a lot of words describing the environment around him before everything else. Each detail is rich of vivid and refined adjectives, and sometimes reading it gets boring. The author uses that kind of slow narration to break the action, to stop talking about the main topic and create suspance in the reader. In particular in the last pages I've read I found completely interesting the sentence that Matt, the protagonist and the writer of the book, said to a taliban figher while he was running after him: "You know, you can die for your country, but I decided to live for mine." 

No comments:

Post a Comment